Upon release, the DL160 g10 listed for around $1000 and comes with only one CPU socket filled. Unlike some entry level Dell servers, the base model’s motherboard has two CPU sockets and with that comes additional memory slots.
ProLiant DL160 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail:1U Raven 100-A Rail for HP
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”- 30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3” – 6” uprights
- Universal Rail: Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
- Rack-to-Tower: 1U Universal Rack-to-Tower Conversion Kit
ProLiant DL160 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 24.21” (614.9 cm)
- Width: 17.11” (434.6 mm)
- Height: 1.69” (429 mm)
- Weight: 34.69 lbs maximum
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 24” or greater
ProLiant DL160 hardware specifications
- RAM: Up to 1TB DDR4 / 64GB per slot / 16 slots
- Storage: Up to 48TB / 4 x 12TB SAS or SATA HDD (hot plug)
- CPU options: Up to two Intel Xeon Skylake Series processors
- Power: 2x Flexible Slots (comes with single 500W)
- Remote management: HPE iLO Remote Management Network Port (1GB)
ProLiant DL160 dimensions and rack compatibility
The ProLiant DL160 chassis is 1 rack units in height, has a depth of 24.2 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the DL160.
This slide rail kit allows the DL160 G10 to be installed in any type of server rack. These rails replace the HP rail kit that would normally come with the sever. This 1U HP rail kit allows the server to be installed in typical 4Post server racks as well as 2Post server racks. These rails are considered a dry slide type. They allow the server to slide in and out, but they are not ball bearing slides. Also, the rails do not include a stop catch mechanism that prevents the server from sliding completely out of the rack when removing it for servicing.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the ProLiant DL160. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: