The HPE Proliant DL180 Gen10 server is essentially the 2U version of the DL160 Gen10. With extra size, you get an additional more room for storage, a more sophisticated cooling system, an additional CPU and all of the upgradability that comes along with it.
While it is a very capable server, it could be classified as “entry level” due to its hardware limitations. This will most likely be used by businesses who need to manage and route data.
Proliant DL180 Gen10 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail:2U Raven 105-A Rail for HP
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”- 30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3” – 6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
- Rack-to-Tower: 1U-2U Universal Rack-to-Tower Conversion Kit
Proliant DL180 Gen10 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 24.99” (634.7mm)
- Width: 17.54” (445.4mm)
- Height: 3.44” (87.3mm)
- Weight: 58 lbs maximum
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 24.99” or greater
Proliant DL180 Gen10 hardware specifications
- RAM: Up to 1TB / 16 x 64GB LRDIMM
- Storage: Up to 48TB with 12 x drives
- CPU options: Up to two Intel Xeon Scalable 3200- 8200 series & Intel Xeon Scalable 3100-4100 series
- Power: 2x Flexible Slots ( HPE 500W, 800W and 1600W options)
- Remote management: HPE iLO 5.0 Remote Management
Proliant DL180 Gen10 dimensions and rack compatibility
The Proliant DL180 Gen10 chassis is 2 rack unit in height, has a depth of 24.99 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the DL180.
This slide rail kit allows the DL180 Gen10 to be installed in any type of server rack. Works with DL380, Gen 8. These rails replace the HP rail kit that would normally come with the sever. This DL380 Gen 8,Gen 9 & Gen 10 rail kit allows the server to be installed in typical 4Post server racks as well as 2Post server racks. These rails are considered a dry slide type. They allow the server to slide in and out, but they are not ball bearing slides. Also, the rails do not include a stop catch mechanism that prevents the server from sliding completely out of the rack when removing it for servicing.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the PowerEdge DL180. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: