The Dell PowerEdge R420 is a 1U rack server designed for powerful performance and scalability. This server features flexible I/O options, simplified systems management, and energy-efficiency. For those who want to protect virtualized workloads, this rack server is ideal for high-performance computing (HPC) and compute-intensive applications.
PowerEdge R420 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail:1U Cobra 110-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R420 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 24” (607.0 mm)
- Width: 19” (482.4 mm)
- Height: 1.68” (42.8 mm)
- Weight: 19.9 kg max (43.87 lbs)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 24”
PowerEdge R420 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 384GB (12 DIMM slots): 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Storage: Up to 4 x 3.5” cabled or hot-plug, Up to 8 x 2.5” hot-plug
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-2400 and E5-2400 v2 product families
- Power: Platinum efficiency 550W or 350W power supply, Silver efficiency cabled 550W power supply, Auto-ranging power supplies
- Remote management: Open Manage Essentials, Open Manage Server Administrator (OMSA Agent), Open Manage Power Center (requires iDRAC7 Enterprise with Lifecycle Controller), Open Manage Integrations and Connections, Basic management (standard option)
Dell PowerEdge R420 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R420 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 24 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed fixed rails to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R420.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 24 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R420. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: