The HPE Proliant DL120 is a 1U rack server designed to combine performance, redundancy, and expandability. This server features enterprise-class reliability, energy-efficiency, and I/O capacity. For those who want reduced virtualization licensing costs, this rack server is ideal for the growing needs of virtualization and general purpose workloads.
Proliant DL120 Gen 9 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Raven 100-A Rail for HP
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelf
- 2 Post Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
Proliant DL120 Gen 9 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 8 SFF/4 LFF: 23.90” (607.06 mm)
- Width: 8 SFF/4 LFF: 17.11” (435 mm)
- Height: 1.69” (42.9 mm)
- Weight: 17 kg (37.44 Ibs) maximum, 9 kg (19.82 lbs) minimum
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 24”
Proliant DL120 Gen 9 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 2400 MHz (256 GB max), HPE SmartMemory (8) DDR4
- Storage: 16.0TB and 8 x 2TB (Hot-Plug SFF SAS), 40.0TB and 40 x 10TB (Hot-Plug LFF SAS), 30.72TB and 8 x 3.84TB (Hot-Plug SFF SAS SSD)
- CPU options: Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3/v4 or E5-1600 v3/v4 Series
- Power: HPE 550 W FIO power supply, HPE 900 W Redundant power supply
- Remote management: HPE iLO 4
Proliant DL120 Gen 9 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The Proliant DL120 Gen 9 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 24 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the DL120.
This slide rail kit allows the DL120 Gen 9 to be installed in any type of server rack. These rails replace the HP rail kit that would normally come with the sever. This 1U HP rail kit allows the server to be installed in typical 4Post server racks as well as 2Post server racks. These rails are considered a dry slide type. They allow the server to slide in and out, but they are not ball bearing slides. Also, the rails do not include a stop catch mechanism that prevents the server from sliding completely out of the rack when removing it for servicing.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 24 inches of depth will be compatible with the Proliant DL120. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: