The HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen9 is a 1U rack server that combines the right balance of performance, storage, and reliability. This server features agile infrastructure management, scalability, and manageability. For those who need efficiency in a dense and compact chassis, this rack server is ideal for cloud and big data in distributed computing environments.
Proliant DL160 Gen 9 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Raven 100-A Rail for HP
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelf
- 2 Post Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
Proliant DL160 Gen 9 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 8 SFF/4 LFF: 23.9” (607 mm)
- Width: 8 SFF/4 LFF: 17.1” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.7” (42.9 mm)
- Weight: 15 kg (33.04 Ibs) maximum, 10 kg (22.03 lbs) minimum
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 24”
Proliant DL160 Gen 9 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: HP SmartMemory (16) DDR 4, up to 2,133 MHz (512 GB max at launch), support for NVDIMM (third party)
- Storage: Standard HP Dynamic Smart Array B140i, optional HP Smart Array Controllers, and HP Smart HBAs via PCIe stand-up cards
- CPU options: Up to 2 Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 Series, 4/6/8/10/12 cores PCIe 3.0, up to 3 available slot(s)
- Power: HPE 550 W FIO Power Supply, HPE 900 W Redundant Power Supply
- Remote management: HP iLO (Firmware HP iLO4 2.0 or later) 2GB NAND
Proliant DL160 Gen 9 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The Proliant DL160 Gen 9 chassis is1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 24 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the DL160.
This slide rail kit (122-2413) allows the DL160 Gen 9 to be installed in any type of server rack. These rails replace the HP rail kit that would normally come with the sever. This 1U HP rail kit allows the server to be installed in typical 4Post server racks as well as 2Post server racks. These rails are considered a dry slide type. They allow the server to slide in and out, but they are not ball bearing slides. Also, the rails do not include a stop catch mechanism that prevents the server from sliding completely out of the rack when removing it for servicing.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 24 inches of depth will be compatible with the Proliant DL160. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: