The HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen8 is a 1U rack server that provides high performance computing with enhanced management and networking. This server features high performance capabilities, space efficiency, and enhanced manageability and serviceability. For those who need increased scalability and flexibility, this rack server is ideal for High Performance Computing (HPC) environments and web serving.
Proliant DL160 Gen8 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail:1U Raven 100-A Rail for HP
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelf
- 2 Post Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
Proliant DL160 Gen8 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 8 SFF/4 LFF: 27.5” (699 mm) / 29.5” (749.3 mm)
- Width: 8 SFF/4 LFF: 17.1” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.7” (42.9 mm)
- Weight: 15.2 kg (33 Ibs) maximum, 14.1 kg (31 lbs) minimum
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 29”
Proliant DL160 Gen8 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: HPE SmartMemory, PC3-10600R registered DDR3 (1333 MHz), 24 DIMM slots
- Storage: Up to 4 hot-plug SAS/SATA 8.89-cm (3.5-in) drives; Up to 8 hot-plug SAS/SATA 6.35-cm (2.5-in) drives
- CPU options: Intel Xeon E5-2600 series; 2,4,6, or 8 cores available
- Power: Power supply type 500 W Platinum-certified (92 percent) efficient power supply standard, common slot power supply (optional)
- Remote management: HPE iLO (Firmware: HPE iLO 4)
Proliant DL160 Gen8 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The Proliant DL160 Gen8 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 29 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the DL160.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the Proliant DL160. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
This slide rail kit allows the DL160 Gen8 to be installed in any type of server rack. These rails replace the HP rail kit that would normally come with the sever. This 1U HP rail kit allows the server to be installed in typical 4Post server racks as well as 2Post server racks. These rails are considered a dry slide type. They allow the server to slide in and out, but they are not ball bearing slides. Also, the rails do not include a stop catch mechanism that prevents the server from sliding completely out of the rack when removing it for servicing.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: