The HPE ProLiant DL380e Gen8 is a 2U rack server designed to boost application, storage, and I/O performance. This server features enhanced storage performance, serviceability, and management capabilities. For those who need to future-proof their infrastructure investments, this rack server is ideal for the dynamic compute and storage requirements of today’s demanding data centers.
Proliant DL380e Gen8 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Raven 105-A Rail for HP
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelf
- 2 Post Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
Proliant DL380e Gen8 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): SFF/LFF: 27.5” (699 mm) / 29.5” (749.3 mm)
- Width: SFF/LFF: 17.54” (445 mm)
- Height: 3.44” (87.4 mm)
- Weight: 32.30 kg (71.20 lbs) maximum, 14.00 kg (30.80 lbs) minimum
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 28-29”
Proliant DL380e Gen8 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: 384 GB; Memory type DDR3, RDIMM, UDIMM or LRDIMM; 12 DIMM slots
- Storage: SATA, SAS, SSD (8 or 25) 2.5 inch hot plug bays/(8 or 12) 3.5 inch hot plug bays 12 and 25 drive configuration also support additional 2 rear drive cages. 16 SFF also available with optional second drive cage
- CPU options: Intel Xeon E5-2400v2 or E5-2400 family
- Power: Up to 96% efficient (Titanium), redundant standard on performance models, optional on entry and base models
- Remote management: Insight Control with iLO Advanced
Proliant DL380e Gen8 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The Proliant DL380e Gen8 chassis is 2 rack units in height, has a depth of 249 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the DL380e.
This slide rail kit allows the HP DL380 Gen 8 to be installed in any type of server rack. Works with DL380, Gen 8. These rails replace the HP rail kit that would normally come with the sever. This DL380 Gen 8,Gen 9 & Gen 10 rail kit allows the server to be installed in typical 4Post server racks as well as 2Post server racks. These rails are considered a dry slide type. They allow the server to slide in and out, but they are not ball bearing slides. Also, the rails do not include a stop catch mechanism that prevents the server from sliding completely out of the rack when removing it for servicing.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the Proliant DL380e. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: