The Dell PowerEdge XR2 is a compact 1U rack server designed to offer leading Intel-powered performance, industry-certified capabilities, and extensive customization capabilities. This server features the latest Intel Xeon SP processors, bringing together the best combination of functionality and value. For those who need a server with reduced depth for constrained spaces, this rack server is ideal for data center environments.
PowerEdge XR2 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 155-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: 1U Heavy Duty Fixed Shelf 28in Depth for 23in EIA Racks
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 1U Light Duty Fixed Shelf 24in Depth
PowerEdge XR2 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 21.4″ (548 mm)
- Width: 17.08” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.68” (42.8 mm)
- Weight: 13 kg (28 lbs)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 21”
PowerEdge XR2 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 2667MT/s DDR4 DIMMs, RDIMMs/LRDIMMs, 16 Memory Module Slots, Up to 2TB Maximum RAM
- Storage: Up to 8 x 2.5-inch drives with drive adapter, internal, hot swappable SAS, SATA SSDs; Up to 4 x 2.5-inch drives with drive adapter, internal, hot swappable NVMe drives
- CPU options: Up to 2x150W Intel Xeon Scalable processors or one 150W Intel Xeon Scalable processor
- Power: Redundant hot swap 550W power supplies
- Remote management: iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
Dell PowerEdge XR2 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge XR2 chassis is 1rack unit in height, has a depth of 21 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge XR2.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 21 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE XR2. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: